Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend Trip to Jackson

We spent the weekend in Jackson with Dad, Lu, Grandma and Grandpa Wells. We left Friday morning, visited Grandma at the campsite and the headed to the Bar J.


For anyone who has never been, it has become a family tradition for the Wells clan. There is a chuckwagon dinner served and then the Bar J Wranglers do a concert full of old cowboy songs. We always have someone stand in line a few hours before the show (this time it was Lu, thank you!) so that we can get good seats, which we did. Front row! There is always some pretty good humor during the show. I can't remember the last time Grandma and I laughed so hard.



We got up the next morning to find that it was cold enough to see our breath and the ice on the car!



I know it is Jackson, but it is September for goodness sakes! We came out of the hotel and found 2 women taking pictures of the ice on the car. I bet you can't guess what Dad decided to do? He used the keyless remote to honk the horn at them. They kinda jumped back and looked around. It was kinda funny. We tried to talk to them and tell them they were ok, to take their time, but they couldn't speak a word of english so that didn't get very far.


I can't think of anything my Dad would rather do for his birthday than go for a hike in the Tetons. Grandpa, Dad and us spent the whole day in the mountains. We rode the boat across Jenny Lake, hiked up to Inspiration Point and the followed the trail for a few hours and had lunch next to the river. Even though it was chilly that morning, the sun came out and warmed it right up. The weather was perfect, actually. We couldn't have asked for a better day.

Inspiration Point





There were raspberry bushes all along the trail. Even though they had been picked over or froze the night before, Grandpa and I were able to find a couple good ones.




Some of the best men I know!






I am so glad Grandma and Grandpa were able to join us for the weekend. Kristi and I were lucky enough to do a lot much traveling with them growing up and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed spending time with them hiking and camping and playing and... It brought back a lot of memories for me of Yellowstone, Jackson, Moab.... I needed that.

Thank you Dad and Lu for inviting us on this trip. I wish we saw more of eachother and this was a good chance for us to spend quality time together doing something that we all could enjoy. We had a really good time and hope to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment